What's New in Aperture - June 2022 Update
Curve Tool for Masking
We have added curve points to the shape tool in masking. This allows users to more accurately map the curved edges of objects resulting in a cleaner and more precise mask.
To create a curve point in the shape tool simply hold ALT on a PC or OPTION on a Mac and click on the canvas. A new point with control arms will be created. Move the control arms to adjust the curvature of the line. Existing points can be converted to curve points by using the same keyboard commands and clicking on the existing point.
White Balance Tool
We have upgraded the white balance correction tools from a color wheel to temperature and tint sliders. This will provide more control over white balance adjustments. Find this tool in the Create Scene step under the Adjustments tool.
More Perspective Correction Tools
We have added more functionality to the tilt correction tool set. These added controls allow users to correct perspective issues fully with vertical, horizontal, skew, and rotation sliders giving you those perfectly straight edges.
In the export step you will find a new tool called Straighten. In this tool adjust the sliders and reference the grid on the canvas to correct perspective issues.
High Resolution Downloads
Users can now download upscaled images up to 4K x 4K pixels. Here’s how.
- On your product gallery page, select an image from the “created images” tab.
- In the left hand panel under the Download header, select your scale and file format from the drop down menus.
- Lastly, click the download button.
High resolution images can also be downloaded in bulk by using the “select” button located in the top right corner of the product gallery page. Once you have selected images, click the download button and a window will appear where you can select your scale and file format.
*High resolution options may not be available for all SKUs right away. This feature will be fully integrated over the next few weeks.*
Accepting ACH Payments
We are now accepting ACH or direct bank debit payments in addition to credit card payments. To change this setting follow these steps:
- Go to your account page by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner of the ACM and choose “Account”.
- Then under Account Settings Choose “Billing”.
- Next choose the button that reads “update card information”.
- Lastly Switch between “Card” or “US Bank Account” to select your preferred payment method and enter your details.
What We Fixed
- Fixed a bug in which templates were not consistently being applied to images.
- Implemented an “apply changes” notification so masking and shadow work are not accidentally lost when navigating away.