ACM and ACT Training Guide
Once finished with the mask, the next step is to pick a shadow. There are six options for your shadows:
- Mask Shape
- Contact Point
Shadows: Mask Shape
- The Mask Shape shadow option is a shadow in the shape of the asset. In this case, an end table.
With the sliders you can:
1) blur the edges of the shadow
2) adjust the length of the shadow
3) adjust the shadow strength making it lighter or darker
Shadows: Contact Points
- You have the ability to put contact points under the legs; for example, to give the appearance of a shadow.
- To add them, simply click where you would like to place them.
- Click on edit if you would like to delete them.
- As with the mask shape, you can click on adjustments and control the blur, shadow length, and shadow strength.
Shadows: Rectangle and Round
- The Rectangle is precisely just that: a rectangle shadow.
- Similarly, the Round is a round shadow.
- With the sliders you are able to control: 1) the angle of the shadow, 2) horizontal position, 3) distance position, 4) length of the shadow, 5) the depth, 6) the shadow strength.
Shadows: Draw Brush
- In this option you are able to draw your own shadow if you would like.
- Use a brush to draw, erase, or blur the edges of your shadow.
- You can also use a shape to draw your shadow.
- If you wanted to combine a couple of shadow options, you are able to do that as well with the copy function.
Shadows: Draw Shape
- Use the draw shape tool to use a polygon shape to draw in your shadow.
- Click on your screen to add points and stretch the lines to your liking.
- Fill draws the shadow in, and erase erases the shadow for you.
- When you get the shadow the way you want it to look, click apply shape.
- You can replace a shadow with a previous choice by: 1) Click one Replace 2) Click on Copy Form > choose the option you want 3) Click on Apply
- You can also combine shadows. For example: you can combine a round shadow and a rectangle shadow.
- Vignette is a tool that helps diffuse the edge of shadows to give them a natural blend.
- The Vignette can be adjusted by using the slider found under the Controls panel.
- Selecting the “photo” shadow selects the actual shadow produced when the capture is taking place.
- With this option you can make the following adjustments: 1) shadow direction, 2) shadow strength, 3) shadow threshold, 4) shadow boost.